Subject: Re: [soa-rm-ra] Groups - Secure Interactions (Secure Interactions3.png) uploaded

Danny,

Been talking with Dave Ellis and here are a few quick thoughts:
- not clear what it means for the listener to be an Actor (capable of
action) and not a Participant (an actor who is also a Stakeholder)
- Credibility depends on who is assessing it and is not a part of
actor/participant although (1) the things that you have as part of
credibility are attributes of the actor/participant but I'm not sure
if composition is the best relationship, (2) an assertion of someone's
credibility assessment (e.g. my credit report) may be an attribute
- Authorization is for an Action, not a Joint Action, i.e. I am
authorized to send a message regardless of whether anyone receives the
message; however, it would take Joint Action (as I understand it) to
cause RWE
- Authorization is a piece of evidence in the assessment of trust,
risk, and eventual willingness.  Authorization may be necessary and
sufficient or merely necessary.  The result of a willingness
assessment based on available evidence may be a request for additional
evidence.  For example, I apply for a mortgage and am approved but I
must provide additional documentation (evidence) to prove the initial
evidence for the approval was accurate.
- Authority is not a composite part of actor/participant/stakeholder
but rather an attribute based on external entities, e.g. the social
structure.

Ken

On Aug 19, 2009, at 2:57 AM, Danny.Thornton@ngc.com wrote:

> The document named Secure Interactions (Secure Interactions3.png)
> has been
> submitted by Danny Thornton to the SOA-RM Reference Architecture
> Subcommittee document repository.
>
> Document Description:
> Updates to the Secure Interactions diagram from last week's telecon.
>
> View Document Details:
> http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=33842
>
> Download Document:
> http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/33842/Secure%20Interactions3.png
>

> PLEASE NOTE:  If the above links do not work for you, your email
> application
> may be breaking the link into two pieces.  You may be able to copy
> and paste
>
> -OASIS Open Administration

MITRE Corporation, M/S H305      phone: 703-983-7934
7515 Colshire Drive                         fax:       703-983-1379