Subject: Trust etc. Some additional input

I think that it is important that we do not lose the notion of accountability in the trust/risk section.

I therefore think that we need to include:

Goal Adoption

An actor may adopt a goal as a result of interacting with another actor.

A consequence of an actor adopting a goal on behalf of another actor is that the actor becomes accountable to the latter for the successful satisfaction of the goal.

Obligation

An obligation is an adopted goal that an actor is accountable for to another actor.

A goal adopted by one actor as a result of an interaction need not be the same goal as that of the originating actor. In many situations, the adopted goal is not all the same and may even be contrary to the desires of the original actor.

For example, if an actor wishes to use a third party to securely transmit a message to an interaction partner, the actor needs the intermediary to adopt the goal of transmitting the message, potentially without even being aware of the actual goals involved.

Some additional input:

The definition of reputation seems rather vague: based on evidence of real world effect. Perhaps a more precise take on this may be:

reputation is a public manifestation of the outcomes (actual real world effects) of any obligations entered into by an actor.

This definition is somewhat narrower than many people's view of reputation; because it focuses on the results of previous interactions.