Subject: RE: [soa-rm-ra] intro discussion for Wednesday [was: [soa-rm-ra]positioning SOA on the cusp between IT and business]

Michael et al.,

Are we talking about the organization principle of “service orientation” or “SOA?”  We need to be clear.  They are not the same thing.  I assert that the latter is not a focus on IT or technology in general but rather architecture.  Whether we are talking about IT architecture or Enterprise architecture is debatable since the ladder includes a business viewpoint.

Given that there is still quite a bit of debate amongst ourselves on this topic, perhaps we should indeed punt on this for PR2 and keep it parsimonious.   Better to say too little than put our foot in our mouth by saying too much.

Cheers…

-  Jeff