Subject: RE: [soa-rm-ra] intro discussion for Wednesday [was: [soa-rm-ra] positioning SOA on the cusp between IT and business]

I would not qualifying services as "composable" in the sentence, "From a
holistic perspective, a...". Jeff, Frank, and Duane have already made
the case.

-----Original Message-----
From: Francis McCabe [mailto:fmccabe@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, September 25, 2009 1:32 PM
To: Mike Poulin
Cc: Ellinger, Robert S (IS); Lublinsky, Boris;
soa-rm-ra@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: Re: [soa-rm-ra] intro discussion for Wednesday [was:
[soa-rm-ra] positioning SOA on the cusp between IT and business]

Since we do v. little wrt composable services, and since there is a vast
amount of other issues that have nothing to do with composability, I
would not emphasize the importance of composability in the introduction.

On Sep 25, 2009, at 1:21 PM, Mike Poulin wrote:

> I do not have any strong objections.
>
> 'Composable' means to me that the service may be composed; the
> question is - composed by what and how this corresponds to
> 'independent'? 'Composite' or 'aggregate' (as Ken pointed once) is the

> service, which is composed already by other services, which comprises
> other services, i.e. it is not independent. This is what I tried to
> "EmFasis" :-)
>
> You, folks, decide.
>
> - Michael

treport.com/pm/default.aspx?pagetypeid=homepage62&sc=669615&bcd=FOOTER5%

<http://ad.doubleclick.net/clk;216722518;39159097;q?http://www.freecredi