Subject: Review of OASIS SOA-Telco deliverable (Telecom UCs & Issues v1.0)

Colleagues,

I went through the OASIS Telecom SOA Use Cases and Issues doc v1.0 (http://docs.oasis-open.org/soa-tel/t-soa-uci/v1.0/cd01-pr01/t-soa-uc-pr-01.pdf) and there are some issues related to management (Section 6) that we should look at, or at least have the person who will be helping us on that side have a review.  They (the SOA-Telco folks) are promoting some sort of collaboration with our work (SOA-RAF) in the mgmt area and the Service Deliver Framework (SDF) spec work and defined by the Telemanagement Forum (TF Forum) (see http://www.tmforum.org/servicedeliveryframework/4664/home.html).

I don’t know much about the TF Forum, but it might be work taking a look.  Really don’t know yet whether or not this is an open community.

There are other areas of the spec that I don’t jive with and I will be providing feedback to them later today.  In the meantime, wanted to get this out to yawl.

Cheers!

 - Jeff