Subject: Re: [soa-rm-ra] suggested rewording and comments for sections 3.1.2and 3.1.2.1

The problem is the Glossary again. It's the only place RM terms are
defined, except of course that the text supercedes the definition.
Someone may not have read the RM and if they go looking for the
definition, they'll likely end up at the Glossary since they're probably
not stimulated by the RAF to actually read and study the RM.
Unfortunately the definition in the RM Glossary is not sufficient for
the notion of change to shared state. Otherwise, I'd agree. However
leaving "effect" out at that point in the RAF leaves a gap that I don't
think we can expect a reader who has not studied the RM to fill
correctly. How we fill that gap could just as well be a quick paraphrase
citing the text of the RM, and I'd be satisfied with that rather than a
new RAF-specific definition.