Subject: Process Question

Frank,

There are a number of proposed editorial changes against CD2 that have come in, albeit late in the review process, including a number from our own subcommittee members.  While I agree that we can continually improve our product by providing rewrites of existing material, the problem is that our end product (e.g., next CD or PRD or proposed spec or standard) is no longer what the previous revision embodied.  In other words, it was my understanding that proposed changes could only be made against the actual revised content of a previous release.  In our case, that would mean recommended changes to CD2 would only be accepted against updates made based on comments against CD1.

I’m a little worried that we’re changing the game here late in the game.  Does this policy only apply to external reviewers or do we govern it against ourselves as well?

Would like to add this as an agenda item for tomorrow’s SC meeting.

Cheers...

 - Jeff