Subject: RE: [soa-rm-ra] Section 3 revision

I read through the updates for policies and contracts in Section 3 and
Section 4.  Section 4 policy modifications do incorporate separate
definitions for policy decision and policy enforcement.

In section 3.1.3, Shared State and Social Facts, Figure 9 has the
labeled association 'perceives' between Participant and Social Fact.  I
would suggest leaving perception as a discussion for Section 3.2.3,
Trust and Risk.  One thing that raising a teenager teaches is that a
person's perception of facts is often as unique as a fingerprint. It
did not seem appropriate to discuss this in section 3.1.3.

Section 3 and Section 4 duplicate the text on Permission and Obligation.
I would remove the discussion of permissions and obligations from
Section 3 and leave it in Section 4 and update Figure 10 and Figure 47
accordingly.

From: Francis McCabe [mailto:fmccabe@gmail.com]
Sent: Saturday, June 26, 2010 1:43 PM
To: soa-rm-ra@lists.oasis-open.org RA
Subject: [soa-rm-ra] Section 3 revision

I have 'gone through' section 3 reorganizing it and adjusting quite a
lot of the text.
I have added a preliminary version of architectural implications. There
is likely to be further 'stuff' in this section.

Occasionally, I felt that a slightly radical edit was required. In that
case I kept the original text but with strike-through.

Some diagrams will need to be updated. I have left comments where I
could to signal the required change.

Frank