Subject: RE: SOA RA Management Section

Dan,
Can you, please, send word version of the document, so that I can put comments directly there?

-----Original Message-----
From: Hestand, Dan [mailto:phestand@mitre.org]
Sent: Thursday, September 09, 2010 11:57 PM
To: soa-rm-ra@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [soa-rm-ra] SOA RA Management Section

I'm delivering the management section in a standalone form. It is not in the template form so I did not want to put it directly in the site because it doesn't fit in any bin there. It also does not include UML models. I have purchased MagicDraw Personal Edition but given the time and the other demands on my priority list, the images will have to follow with the correct template format later.

I apologize for not getting this out earlier but I was diverted by a tasking that was marketed as a high priority.

Anyway, here it is. Take it apart. It resembles the old section in structure because I made my notes as I read through the old section and that is the order they came in. It contains material that I feel is necessary to say about management and its relationship to other aspects of SOA. I also took liberties with the term "Manageability Capability" which I find cumbersome and not very informative, mostly because to me "manageability" is a capability and adding "capability" to it is like naming an interface TheInterface interface. My opinion, so feel free to disagree. Much of the stuff is from my experiences going into different organizations and seeing things that were either appalling or enlightening. Odd that it was never moderated to the middle of those.

Feel free to email me directly with comments, criticisms, or questions. Or we can do it in the telecon later.

Thank you for your patience.

Dan Hestand
Lead Software Systems Engineer
The MITRE Corporation
phestand@mitre.org
781.271.3755

The information contained in this communication may be CONFIDENTIAL and is intended only for the use of the recipient(s) named above.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication, or any of its contents, is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender and delete/destroy the original message and any copy of it from your computer or paper files.