Subject: RE: [soa-rm-ra] propositions, goals etc. etc.

Frank,

Some interesting material but it is difficult to parse unless the reader
really puts in the effort.  In my section 3 comments, I suggested the
previous presentation of this material be moved to an accompanying white
paper where you could expand further as you've started to do here.  Can we
build a more straightforward (in terms of application to SOA) model for the
RAF section 3?  The first question is what is the list of concepts that need
to be included in the model, then we can work the "simpler" relationships.

Dr. Kenneth Laskey
MITRE Corporation, M/S H305              phone: 703-983-7934
7515 Colshire Drive                                    fax:
703-983-1379

From: Francis McCabe [mailto:fmccabe@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, September 06, 2010 2:15 AM
To: soa-rm-ra@lists.oasis-open.org RA
Subject: [soa-rm-ra] propositions, goals etc. etc.

I have, as an experiment to satisfy certain persons' requirements, put
together a section on meaning. It is short, but encompasses both the concept
of proposition and the meaning that the proposition has. Example meanings
include facts, goals, objectives, policies. These are all instances of the
concept of stance.

I think that it may be useful to have a section like this. But it
potentially does a lot of damage to other sections - by requiring for
example, to move the definition of policy out of where it is naturally
defined into this omnibus section. So, one possible resolution is to put
some examples of stance in here, but leave others (like goal, policy and
objective) to their more natural location.