Subject: RE: [soa-rm-ra] Timetable of upcoming votes

If the intent is to set times in a vacuum, I think it is a poor process and
one yielding arbitrary results, at best.

But I don't want to argue the merits of parliamentary procedures. I'll state
again that I strongly believe we need more definition on the next 6 weeks
than "Guillotine on S2, S3".

Dr. Kenneth Laskey
MITRE Corporation, M/S H305              phone: 703-983-7934
7515 Colshire Drive                                    fax:
703-983-1379

From: Francis McCabe [mailto:fmccabe@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, November 04, 2010 10:01 AM
To: Laskey, Ken
Cc: soa-rm-ra@lists.oasis-open.org RA

Actually, the entire point of the guillotine process is to set the timetable
first.
We first of all agree how long we have, then figure out what we can do in
the time.

On Nov 4, 2010, at 4:42 AM, Laskey, Ken wrote:

> Frank,
>
> One thing we didn't get to at yesterday's meeting was the punch list.  If
we are to make the guillotine work, I think we need more detail than just
"Guillotine on S2, S3".  The idea of the punch list was to specifically know
what needed attention and be able to get firm commitments.  We've talked
about section 3 for months and still have dozens of issues and a list of
definitions where we've uncovered inconsistencies.  What is the punch list
for section 3?  What gets attention, what doesn't?

> A punch list is also necessary for evaluating the guillotine schedule.  Do
we limit Policies discussion to 30 minutes and finish it earlier because we
need more time on management?  What do people need to concentrate on to be
prepared for each meeting?  What do we skip because it's good enough and
we'd be tinkering around the edges?