Subject: Comments on Section 5.4 SOA Testing Model

I am grappling with the idea of a testing model being foundational to a reference architecture.  For me, a test model is more closely related to a type of realization of a reference architecture.

There are a lot of good relationships made between IEEE-829 and SOA Testing.  I have a strong opposition to the implication that Service Mocks are required for testing.  In the real world, it is often the case that test access to a service uses the same service as production access to the service.  This is mentioned in the beginning of section 5.4, I would emphasize this again in relation to service mocks.

Danny