Subject: Re: [soa-rm-ra] Need Clarification on Consensus for Items Returnedto Document

Ahh!

My bad, Illocutionary Force was present in the 7-28-2010 document, but
"Counts as" and "Stance" were not. At least I couldn't find them. The
details of Speech Act theory are a burden to represent for those of us
who will be actively promoting this document. Joint Action is difficult
enough already and going beyond that is just going to lose our audience.
Plain language equivalents for the concepts may be reasonable. I'll have
to give it more thought as I go through the Consistency exercise.

However, I am going to formally request now that Illocutionary and
Perlocutionary force and acts be removed from the document in favor of
some very plain and to-the-point language to take their place if the
group overall thinks the concepts themselves need to be in the document.
I think a "decision procedure" as explained in section 3.2.5.1 needs to
be discussed as to how deeply we specify it. However I will bring that
up in the context of consistency.

While I concur that, advisedly, that a decision procedure is necessary,
it will be present whether explicit or not and how deeply we require it
is something that needs careful consideration. SoaML and TOG SOA
Ontology both take their own favorite concepts and shoot themselves in
their collective foot with it. Let's don't follow suit.