Subject: Re: [soa-rm-ra] focus on testing [was: Fwd: [soa-rm-ra] Issues againstSections 4.2, 4.4, & 5.2]

Hi Everyone,

My concern then was that IEEE standards require payment and I simply can't afford the price for the privilege to go over that standard to assure myself  1) that it is appropriate and applies to the same level of abstraction as the SOA-RAF, 2) that it encumbers our specification by requiring others to likewise pay the price in order to fully conform with the RAF. If we simply take the items we need out of that spec and cast it in the correct level of abstraction, I would probably be fine with it, but I can't  know that now.

My concern now is that we are about to land in another quagmire. I have no problem with the principles included in the testing section, and provided that we have the two or three diagrams that show the testing process as it needs to be included in the process of using the RAF to produce a domain-specific Reference Architecture, then I'm fine. Any major recasting of the whole section is not acceptable. I don't want to spend another year trying to get another single section up to snuff or better. I think it is necessary, but it might be better to pull it out and do a White Paper if its going to take another round of endless discussions.