Subject: Re: [soa-rm-ra] Groups - New Editors' Draft 21 Dec 2010 - All changestracked (Editors' Draft-2010-12-21 (All Changes tracked).pdf) uploaded

Here is an inconsistency in our interpretation of action and communication - they are not the same thing (as well as interaction is not communication only as we agreed 2 years ago)

So, in the text:

 A choreography defines how individual actions performed by actors can be
1030 aggregated together to denote joint actions.
1031 In order for multiple actors to participate in a joint action, they must each act according
1032 to their role within the joint action. This is achieved through communication and
1033 messaging.

Based on SO Principles, no one type of combinations - aggregations, compositions / orchestrations, choreographies - may dictate HOW the service works. This means, that
 "A choreography defines how individual COMMUNICATIONS performed by actors can be
1030 aggregated together to denote joint actions.

Or, we should not refer to choreography in the context of Joint Action if we mean real service's actions. In any combinations, the SO Principles allow us to deal with only: inputs, outcomes and connectivity. WHAT and HOW the service does to deliver its SAL&RWE, is the business of the service provider only. This statement is fully confirmed by "This is achieved through communication and 1033 messaging."

We are saying wrong-then-right things or vise versa thinking that one compensates another. It does but we sending overall wrong message allowing the reader to choose and, if we do not promote the right over the wrong, we promote the wrong, IMO.

From: peter@peterfbrown.com
To: soa-rm-ra@lists.oasis-open.org
Sent: Tue, Dec 21, 2010 11:25 pm

The document named New Editors' Draft 21 Dec 2010 - All changes tracked
(Editors' Draft-2010-12-21 (All Changes tracked).pdf) has been submitted by
Mr. Peter Brown to the SOA-RM Reference Architecture SC document
repository.

Document Description:
This view of the new editors' draft shows all changes tracked, compared to
the reference version of 17 November 2010

View Document Details:
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=40637

Download Document:
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/40637/Editors%27%20Draft-2010-12-21%20%28All%20Changes%20tracked%29.pdf