Subject: collecting definitions and their changes

Peter/Chris,

Before I ask for more, let me thank you for the hard work you’ve put in.

That said, let me ask for more.  Part of your mandate was to roll back to the 28 July definitions, some of which we knew were inconsistent and not clearly distinct.  Some of those problems became clear when we got a subset of the definitions on one page and looked at them against each other.  So my request, if possible, is for you to create a 3-column table with

-          Column 1: concept name

-          Column 2: 28 July definition

-          Column 3: definition in current identifiable draft or indication that the definition is being dropped (although the surrounding text may still use the term in its common usage)

I am willing to collect the 28 July definitions (columns 1 and 2) if that will help jumpstart the effort.

The purpose here is a way people can see the changes and more easily spot inconsistencies and the like that still exist or have crept in to the edits.  I expect once we create the table, it will not be difficult to keep it updated.

Thanks again,

Dr. Kenneth Laskey

MITRE Corporation, M/S H305              phone: 703-983-7934

7515 Colshire Drive                                    fax:        703-983-1379

McLean VA 22102-7508

smime.p7s