Subject: Do we know about....

Folks,

I have accidentally found about another SOA Standard Body. I think, it is under significant influence from Microsoft, i.e. has almost nothing to do with RAF (except nice words about business capabilities still articulated but fully screwed in implementation by Microsoft):

GENEVA, Switzerland, 30 April 2008 - TEMENOS Group (SWX:TEMN), the provider of integratedcore banking systems, today announced that it is one of the founding members of the newly launched industry association, Banking Industry Architecture Network (BIAN). Led by global tier one banks and industry leading vendors including among others Temenos, Microsoft, SAP, SunGard and S.W.I.F.T., this independent body will drive the creation of SOA standards for the banking industry.
By building a community that will openly share domain and technical expertise in the application of SOA principles and methodologies, BIAN’s principle objective will be to ease the journey of banks moving to a service-oriented architecture.
The BIAN association comprises a broad range of membership including among other: Credit Suisse, Deutsche Bank, ING, Microsoft, Deutsche Postbank, SAP, Standard Bank, S.W.I.F.T., Temenos and Zürcher Kantonalbank.