Subject: RE: [soa-rm-ra] SOA-RAF Editors' Draft 17 Jan 2011; some suggestions and recommendations for action

Thanks, Peter, for the update.

Remember, today is an RM meeting, and we will move to an RAF meeting if there is time.  Most of Peter’s final points are applicable for RM discussion of plans to finish.  We will save the other details for the RAF, time permitting.

Back to the draft, there are a few things that a quick look through and Peter’s comments bring to mind

-          Joint action has been introduced to the DM2 work and I expect Dave and Rex  will have problems dropping it from the RAF models.  I would not argue to keep joint action if we have a tighter progression of ideas without it, but we should be careful not to just shuffle terms unless there is obvious benefit.

-          Execution content is mentioned once in the latest draft.  This RM concept should probably be useful in tying together other ideas, while at the same time giving it more grounding.

-          We’ve spoken a lot about action but always wander away from the RM concepts of action model and process model.  These should be prominent in the discussions of action and interaction.

Talk with you all later.

Dr. Kenneth Laskey

MITRE Corporation, M/S H305              phone: 703-983-7934

7515 Colshire Drive                                    fax:        703-983-1379

McLean VA 22102-7508