Subject: definitions of Management

As Ken suggested, please, see the definitions of 'management' I have collected from our discussions so far:

Management

14-0ct-2009
Management is the control of the use, configuration, and availability of resources in accordance with the policies of the stakeholders involved.

by Dan:
Management is the consistent monitoring, control, and reporting of the state of resources in accordance with the policies, agreements, and principles established by the associated stakeholders and between those stakeholders

Editors’ Draft, 17-01-2011
Management is the control of the use, configuration, and availability of resources in accordance with the policies of the stakeholders involved.

02-19-2011 - by Michael
Management is a process of organizing, coordinating, controlling, directing, reporting and leading the activities and utilizing resources in accordance with policies and principles defined by governance

02-26-2011  - by Michael
Management is a process of controlling the use, configuration, availability of resources, reporting as well as related activities in accordance with the policies and principles defined by Governance.

by Boris:
Management is a process of implementing the use, configuration, availability of resources, reporting as well as related activities in accordance with the policies and principles defined by Governance.