Subject: notes on SOA management

Hello all

I am reviewing the Management Model text based on the last meeting decisions and Bori' comments. I'd like to solicit your opinion on the following subject.

In the PR2, we have an "Accounting Manageability":

3875 Accounting manageability
3876 A capability associated with resources that allows for the use of those resources
3877 to be measured and accounted for. This implies that not only can the use of
3878 resources be properly measured, but also that those using those resources also
3879 be properly identified.
3880 Accounting for the use of resources by participants in the SOA supports the
3881 proper budgeting and allocation of funding by participants.

I have modified it as this:
Contracting Manageability of a service states that relationships between service consumers
and the service should be performed on the contractual basis and, thus, may be measured.
This implies that not only can the use of services be properly measured, but also that those using these services also be properly identified via properly arranged service contracts.

Contracting of the use of services by participants in the SOA supports the proper budgeting and allocation of funding by participants.

The question is: we have agreed that service contract may be explicit (literally negotiated and sign) and implicit (where the consumer agrees with the service description on its own and treats it as a service contract). If in the former case involved resources may be measured (and planned), in the latter case it is impossible unless we require some form of 'introduction' of the consumer to the service. Even if an accurate planning of resources is not available with 'introductions', it is still possible to estimate needed resources based on historical/statistical analysis.

So, in your opinion, what forms of introduction of consumers with implicit service contracts might be and what alternatives to 'introduction' may be observed?