Subject: near term plans

All,

At today’s meeting, we discussed the relationship between action, joint action, effect, real world effect, execution context, action model, and process model.  Chris has put out a one-pager to capture those relationships and I’d like an email discussion over the next week to coalesce on a consensus that will guide the remaining writing.

Peter proposed a guillotine approach to reaching an expedited closure of the remaining items needed for a new public review.  These items include section 3, management, and testing.  The guillotine was set for the March 30 meeting.  At that time, we will decide one of the following:

1.       Remaining issues have been sufficiently resolved (or are acceptable as-is) so we can move on with a quality product;

2.       Issues beyond 1. can be declared out of scope and we can move on with a quality product;

3.       Certain issues are show stoppers and we need a specific plan for effective resolution to move these to 1. or 2.

Next week, we will conclude discussion on Chris’ one-pager and reserve at least an hour for management.  Please be familiar with the management material being provided by Michael.

Thanks for the cycles needed to make this final push.

Dr. Kenneth Laskey

MITRE Corporation, M/S H305              phone: 703-983-7934

7515 Colshire Drive                                    fax:        703-983-1379

McLean VA 22102-7508

smime.p7s