Subject: RE: [soa-rm-ra] Action Model One pager.... revised

I kinda like it.

The only question is – you introduced preconditions (thank you), but no post conditions. Are you assuming that RWE are postconditions or there are post conditions not covered by RWE?

I would also suggest a slight change of definitions

Action Model characterizes the “permissible set of actions and preconditions (process model) that may be invoked against a service.”  We extend that notion here to include events as part of the event model and that messages denote either actions or notification of events.

And finally, action definition does not match description earlier in the document

From: Peter F Brown [mailto:peter@peterfbrown.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 15, 2011 11:27 PM
To: soa-rm-ra@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [soa-rm-ra] Action Model One pager.... revised

Hi:

As requested, here is an update of the (slightly more than) one-pager covering the issues of action. This takes into account the main points raised over the last week and – if acceptable – will be used as the basis to reword the relevant parts of section 3

Talk tomorrow,

Peter

Peter F Brown

Independent Consultant

Transforming our Relationships with Information Technologies

Web         www.peterfbrown.com

Blog          pensivepeter.wordpress.com

LinkedIn  www.linkedin.com/in/pensivepeter

Twitter     @pensivepeter

P.O. Box 49719, Los Angeles, CA 90049, USA

Tel: +1.310.694.2278

The information contained in this communication may be CONFIDENTIAL and is intended only for the use of the recipient(s) named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication, or any of its contents, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender and delete/destroy the original message and any copy of it from your computer or paper files.