Subject: RE: [soa-rm-ra] Section 3 - latest draft

Peter,

A couple of quick comments:

832 Consumer

833 A consumer is a role assumed by a participant who is interacting with a service (or service mediator) in

834 order to fulfill a need.

859 Resource

860 A resource is any identifiable entity that has value to a stakeholder.

This still sounds very RESTish. Any chance of rephrasing?

Codified (but not implied) contracts, policies, obligations, and permissions are all

865 examples of resources as are capabilities , services, service descriptions, and SOA

866based systems

What are you saying? Everything is resource? I am not sure

873 Identifiers typically require a context in order to establish the connection with the

874 resource. In a SOA ecosystem, it is good practice to use globally unique identifiers; for

875 example globally unique URIs.

So it means that you can connect to policy and/or obligation? What does this mean?

A service provider‘s policy may become a service provider/consumer contract when a

978 service consumer agrees to the provider‘s policy. That agreement may be formal, or

979 may be informal. If a consumer‘s policy and a providers policy are mutually exclusive,

980 then some form of negotiation or mediation to resolve the mutual exclusion before the

981 service consumer/provider interaction can occur.

How is this related to mediator? Just the same word?

1043 sharing actions. Indeed, such shared understanding is a pre-requisite to a joint action

1044 being carried out as intended. It is vital to a trusted and effective ecosystem. Semantics

Shared action appears later in the text, Reference here?