Subject: RE: [soa-rm-ra] challenge for incorporating full review comments

A lot of comments are in the document

From: Ken Laskey [mailto:klaskey@mitre.org]
Sent: Tuesday, May 17, 2011 8:42 PM
To: soa-rm-ra@lists.oasis-open.org

First, let me thank everyone who submitted comments.

I have started reviewing the comments and we run into the recurring problem of line number mismatches when we each open the same Word doc but each formats for a different printer.  Yes, once again line numbers are all over the place.

What is really interesting is my downloaded Gold copy is over 6 MB but the version saved with my comments and proposed edits is under 2 MB.  It’s hard to believe the Gold copy was 3 times the size of a saveAs.

But back to the point, I’m looking for the easiest way of having line numbers against a common reference.  I have attached a pdf I just generated from the Gold copy without showing any markup.  If possible, I ask that everyone go back and base their line numbers off this pdf.  If you have another suggestion for a less painful way of doing this, then I’m game to hear suggestions.

Second, as far as making final changes, can the section authors look at the comments against their sections and note whether you accept the change or want to propose an alternative.  I expect the majority to be a simple accept or simple alternative.  Once that is done, we can arrange for a few hardy volunteers to incorporate the changes into the Gold copy.  Again, if there are other suggestions, don’t be bashful.

We can discuss details and timelines during tomorrow’s call.

Thanks again,

Dr. Kenneth Laskey

MITRE Corporation, M/S H305              phone: 703-983-7934

7515 Colshire Drive                                    fax:        703-983-1379

McLean VA 22102-7508

The information contained in this communication may be CONFIDENTIAL and is intended only for the use of the recipient(s) named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication, or any of its contents, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender and delete/destroy the original message and any copy of it from your computer or paper files.

GOLD STANDARD - 2011-04-30_10pt.pdf