Subject: Re: [soa-rm-ra] yes, Virginia, there is a public review

I'm available, Ken,

I'm also available Sept. 7.

I just sent the message I copy below at the bottom of this message to the groups in NCOIC in which I participate. I suspect I will end up sending it to the Tech Council and the officers but I thought I would hit these groups first so that when those other messages make their way back to the membership, it gets repeated a few times, providing some reinforcement as well as reminders. Since The Open Group SOA-RA is making the rounds right now, it is good timing.

On 8/23/11 9:19 PM, Peter F Brown wrote:
snt0-eas22457639A42180893C0B188B5110@phx.gbl" type="cite">
I have a clash this Wed morning

Peter F Brown
Independent Consultant
www.peterfbrown.com
Twitter @pensivepeter
+1.310.694.2278

Sent from my Phone - Apologies for typos and brevity - it's hard to type on a moving planet
________________________________
From: Ken Laskey
Sent: Tuesday, 23 August, 2011 20:00
To: soa-rm-ra@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [soa-rm-ra] yes, Virginia, there is a public review

I'm assuming you all got the official announcement from Chet Ensign.  That
means summer is coming to a close and it's time to get back to work.  As for
getting back on cadence,

1.       This is a bit of late notice to call a Wednesday meeting, but I
thought I'd ask how many could make it.  If interested, please respond ASAP.

2.       Next week, I'm taking my daughter on a college tour, so I won't be
available.

3.       That could push the next meeting until September 7.  Should we put
off the next call until then and just start spinning up through email?

BTW, congratulations to all for a lot of work.  Now let's finish it up.

Dr. Kenneth Laskey

MITRE Corporation, M/S H305              phone: 703-983-7934

7515 Colshire Drive                                    fax:
703-983-1379

McLean VA 22102-7508

Greetings All,

As members of the Services WG can attest, it is with great relief that I (finally!) forward this announcement from OASIS to the groups in NCOIC in which I participate as  liaison between these two organizations. While my main interest is in Emergency Management, Web Services and Service Oriented Architecture are also of great interest and importance. This is so because it is through service mechanisms both public in government and private in business that the majority of emergency response capabilities are and will be delivered. Also, my interest in the improvement of communications via electronic networks has led me to the use of semantics and the tools of the semantic web which also play a major role in this improvement.

So I ask you to give this Reference Architecture Foundation for Service Oriented Architecture your attention and request your feedback so that this work can fulfill its potential. Theannouncement below instructs you on how to provide that feedback. Let me say that it is also acceptable for a group or company to provide its comments simply by specifying that in the feedback provided. We welcome any and all comments and we will respond to all of them per OASIS policy.

Please let me give you one additional piece of information with regard to this rather lengthy specification. It is intended to provide a link between the OASIS Reference Model for SOA which has gained wide recognition and acceptance, and the more focused reference architectures which inform specific solution architectures. This document fills the need for a more abstract set of capabilities that reference architectures will need to provide that is still more concrete than the Reference Model on which it expands.

Best Regards,
Rex Brooks