Subject: RE: Comment on the Reference Architecture Foundation for SOA

Hi,

I am replying to you on behalf of the OASIS SOA Reference Model Technical Committee, in reference to your comment posted against the Public Review of the SOA Reference Architecture Foundation (SOA-RAF)

Your comment was discussed at the sub-committee meeting yesterday and we came to the following unanimous conclusions:

The comments consist mainly of the promotion of an alternative architecture and cannot be properly considered to be comments on the work currently under review and are, as such, deemed not applicable. Furthermore, the specific alternative that you reference and promote consists largely of a proprietary solution architecture, something that goes beyond the scope of the SOA-RAF (which, by definition and design, remains solution independent). As such, the comments are considered out of scope. The only specific comments to the SOA-RAF are very general and not actionable by the committee.

On behalf of the committee, I would like to thank you nonetheless for the time and effort that you have given to reading our work and I wish you all success in your endeavours.

Best regards,

Peter Brown

Co-Editor, SOA-RAF

Peter F Brown

Independent Consultant

www.peterfbrown.com

P.O. Box 49719, Los Angeles, CA 90049, USA