Subject: identity and identifier

Following on Michael’s email, I wanted to note that previously the idea of Identity was tied to Resource as

but Peter argued this was incorrect and we dropped the idea of Identity and now have

The current pdf still has

line 1922: Identity is associated with any participant, however, identity may or may not be verified.

line 1973: The architectural mechanisms for determining willingness to interact require support for:

o verification of identity and credentials of the provider and/or consumer;

line 2905: [numerous references in security section, including]

line 3192: Configuration Manageability of a service allows managing the identity of and the interactions among internal elements of the service.

line 4038: [listed among defined terms but definition no longer in document]

line 4099: still has the old model in the appendix meant as a quick UML tutorial for the uninitiated to be able to read our diagrams.

Topic for today’s is why did we change from previous draft (re part of Resource model) and is what we currently have consistent enough given identity is something that may catch the attention of others.

Dr. Kenneth Laskey

MITRE Corporation, M/S H305              phone: 703-983-7934

7515 Colshire Drive                                    fax:        703-983-1379