Subject: an accidental finding

Hi All,

I was working on prposal for the EU project on Choreofepahy research and accidentally found a reference (http://organizational-economics.blogspot.com/2011/03/soa-orchestration-and-choreography.html) to OASIS Reference Architecture for Service Oriented Architecture Version 1.0, Public Review Draft 1, 23 April 2008, p. 71, particularly to the definition of Choreography:
A technique used to characterize and to compose service-oriented business collaborations based on ordered message exchanges between peer entities in order to achieve a common business goal.

This is a good news but...

From the recearch where I am participating with a group of univercity professors I know that ordered message exchanges is very narrowed and oversimplified category of choreographies while much more common, especially for independent services, is pre-defined but not ordered message exchanges (called concurrent messages in the choreography behaviour modelling) where more than one message may be sent/received in any choreography state. Also, choreography can define a chain of actions that to be taken in response to certain external events. However, there is no any order of event is unticipated and collections of all related messages cannot be ordered in principle.

Thus, our definition is not generally correct. We need to put more thoughts into it, IMO.

Thanks,
- Michael