Subject: FW: proposed text for the line 2255, issue 229

Suggested wording from Michael I’m forwarding to list so I can reference in issues adjudication.

Dr. Kenneth Laskey

MITRE Corporation, M/S H305              phone: 703-983-7934

7515 Colshire Drive                                    fax:        703-983-1379

McLean VA 22102-7508

From: Mike Poulin [mailto:mpoulin@usa.com]
Sent: Sunday, January 15, 2012 11:54 AM
To: Ken Laskey
Subject: proposed text for the line 2255, issue 229

Hi Ken,
 this is a proposal for he text based on out agreemen in the last meeting (keep mediation but drop the enumeration of infrastructure platforms):

2253 - 2267

·       Infrastructure services that provides mechanisms to support service interaction, including but not limited to:

o    mediation within service interactions based on shared semantics;

o    binding that support translation and transformation of multiple application-level protocols to standard network transport protocols;

o    auditing and logging that provide delivery mechanism to a data store to record information related to service interaction activity such as message traffic patterns, security violations, and service contract and policy violations

o    security that provide authorization, authentication, encryption support, etc., which provide protection against common security threats in a SOA ecosystem;

o    monitoring such as hardware and software mechanisms that both monitor the performance of systems that host services and network traffic during service interaction, and are capable of generating regular monitoring  reports.

(I added constraint of semantics becuase consumer and service should not interact with no understanding what they do, what service can provide for the consumer needs and how to interpret the return results/RWE. This, however, does not prevent data mapping and transformation in the interaction channels because "shared semantics" assumes creation of the terms/ontology maps up-front and use them at run time.)

(I've removed "service" from other bullet-points of this statement for consistency)