Subject: RE: [soa-rm-ra] revised section 4.3

Was today’s call canceled?

The music is lovely, but its kinda lonely

From: soa-rm-ra@lists.oasis-open.org [mailto:soa-rm-ra@lists.oasis-open.org] On Behalf Of Rex Brooks
Sent: Wednesday, January 18, 2012 9:55 AM
To: Peter F Brown
Cc: Ken Laskey; jeffrey.a.estefan@jpl.nasa.gov; Thornton, Danny R (IS); ellis@deccs.com; soa-rm-ra@lists.oasis-open.org

Haven't had time and health to review thoroughly, but I thought we had agreed that we would make it clear in our discussion of UML as a communication v. modeling tool that our definition of actor is significantly different from that used for UMLUse-Case diagrams. Hence we should either reiterate that in the text around the blue man diagram or else make it a canonical UML use case, which it resembles just enough to cause confusion, or else use some other diagram, such as as BPMN workflow to show workflow. However, without a previous use of and explanation of that kind of diagram, that would actually be worse. So I would use Visio and make it a purely informational diagram without any reference to UML, nor any possiblity of confusion over the use of "Actor." If I can find the time, I will actually do that so that it is clear what I mean. Of course, that's not possible in the 35 minutes left before the meeting.