Subject: End of tracking in Gold Copy on minor edits and disposed minor issues

Hi,

As agreed on the TC call yesterday, I have compiled a list of all those minor issues and edits that I propose to no longer track in the Gold Copy. As explained on the call, we all waste a lot of time checking back sidebar comments to the original issue – only to find it was to replace a comma or add a word. For clarity, we would like to accept all those minor changes and so work with a Gold Copy that is clearer.

Attached is a note of the complete list of minor issues and edits that we would like to ‘accept’ into the master document going forward. It shows for each change:

-          Which issue # is addressed, if indicated;

-          The corresponding line # in the PDF version of the public review draft 02 of last July (CSPRD02);

-          Which sidebar comment # covers the proposed edit in the 21 April working draft sent by Ken earlier this week;

o   When no sidebar comment had been created, the line # in the 21 April draft where the edit appears is shown instead;

-          A brief summary of the type of change (typo, grammar, etc.) “Consistency” nearly always refers to ensuring that we use the terms “SOA ecosystem”, “SOA-based system”, etc. consistently.

I hope this helps – it certainly makes the Gold Copy more readable.

Unless we hear from anyone with an objection, I will incorporate all these edits into the document going forward. Please make a specific objection if you want to keep a particular edit visible as a tracked change within the gold copy.

When we publish the new draft spec for approval and review, we will publish the revised document (clean); the issues list; the attached ‘minor edits’ note; a tracked changes version showing all remaining tracked edits and any new ones from 21 April onwards; a comprehensive “diff” between the July PRD and whatever is adopted/published (so-called ‘forensics edition’).

Cheers,

Peter

Peter F Brown

Independent Consultant

Using Information Technologies to Empower and Transform

www.peterfbrown.com

P.O. Box 49719, Los Angeles, CA 90049, USA

Tel: +1.310.694.2278

Member of:

Follow me: