Subject: RE: consistency with Event Model

All,

I sent the following to Jeff last week to get his take:

<toJeff>

Figure 29 doesn’t have Event Model and section 4.3.2 makes the one and only explicit mention, saying it is an extension of the RM.  The discussion in section 4.3.2 stands on its own without that explicit mention. For consistency, our options appear to be:

1.       add Event Model to Figure 29 and to Figure 16 (if we keep that level of detail).

2.       remove Event Model from Figure 17 and consider if the paragraph after Figure 30 needs to be modified – I think the paragraph is fine.

I lean towards 2.

</toJeff>

I agree with Jeff that Figure 29 does not need to be changed in either case.  The only text change I would see for option 2 above is to remove the phrase “as part of the event model” in the paragraph after Figure 30.

However, below, Jeff makes the case for keeping the Event Model and adding words to elaborate.  What would those words say of significance about an Event Model?  Who will provide them?

I’d like to discuss during this week’s call and come to a resolution.

Time: 11:30 ET

Number: 703-983-6338

PIN: 762723 (spells “soaraf”)

Also, as a reminder, I hope to entertain a motion to accept the changes for all issues the editors feel are ready to be closed.  There have been a few tweaks to the spreadsheet and draft sent

Dr. Kenneth Laskey

MITRE Corporation, M/S H305              phone: 703-983-7934

7515 Colshire Drive                                    fax:        703-983-1379

McLean VA 22102-7508