Subject: RE: [soa-rm-ra] RE: anything interesting at yesterday IEEE call?

Heather, I’m sorry about that – re-reading it now, as you present it, my wording sounds a little “off”, I agree. I was only trying to get across the element of enthusiasm to the suggestion!

I have just been appointed as the “inbound liaison” (from OASIS to SC38) and I’m still playing catch up with the WG2 mailing list archive. You mention that “there is an OASIS liaison” – who is that? Martin Chapman? I ask, because aside from Jamie Clark (who manages the general firehose of all manners of liaisons from OASIS), we have had no information within our TC from SC38 or its WG2, despite repeated requests. Hopefully this can all get sorted now.

Best regards,

Peter

From: Heather Kreger [mailto:kreger@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Thursday, 07 June, 2012 14:44
To: Peter F Brown
Cc: Jamie Clark, OASIS; Ken Laskey; Laurent M Liscia (laurent.liscia@oasis-open.org); soa-rm-ra@lists.oasis-open.org

Peter,
On:

 Heather Kreger jumped in with the suggestion of using the Trade 3 test suite from IBM.

I think John Bell raised it and I said that I would check to see if IBM had any issues with this group using it.  I've been very careful not to be overtly pushing IBM assets that have not been through a standards process.

There is an OASIS liaison.  In fact, he was also a co editor of the technical report.

I believe they did require that the contributions had completed the standards process in the contributing organization.

WG2 (the SOA WG) is finishing up its Technical Report.  Many of the definitions used in the terminology are sourced from OASIS SOA RM and the Navigating SOA document.  There was a decision to take a solution view and the current draft actually aggregates contributions from 3 countries.

They are just starting work on the International Standards based on the technical report.

I'm happy to discuss this with you any time.

Sincerely,
Heather Kreger
Distinguished Engineer, CTO International Standards
Software Group, IBM
Member of IBM Academy of Technology
Author of "Java and JMX: Building Manageable Systems"
kreger@us.ibm.com
919-543-3211  cell:919-496-9572 home office: 919-853-3772
Administrative Assistant: Maria Parnell 512-286-7918

Inactive hide details for Peter F Brown ---06/07/2012 01:28:40 PM---Ken, Yes...a few things.Peter F Brown ---06/07/2012 01:28:40 PM---Ken, Yes...a few things.