Subject: Latest (Last?) draft of the RAF

Hi guys,

Attached is a doc and pdf copy of the latest draft , WD08. This contains:

-          All the figure updates;

-          All the Architectural Implications sections updates;

-          The agreed, revised section on Composition, business processes and collaboration;

-          The new section on Identity and Access Control, from Kevin Smith, as discussed at the last two meetings;

-          Updated appendix D;

-          Updates to ToC, list of figures and Index

In addition, is a snapshot of the Issues List, with all remaining open and ongoing work issues now resolved. These are all included now in the first sheet under “Recommend to Close” (20 Issues).

If we close those issues and agree the text, I think we are done.

I would certainly support a motion to confirm that at this coming Wednesday’s meeting.

I have loaded all the documents together on Kavi as a .zip file: https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/soa-rm-ra/download.php/46435/SOA-RAF-v0.8.zip

and it is this file that we should reference in any decision and recommendation to the full RM for approval.

The next steps would be:

-          Getting full RM TC to adopt the text as new draft; to agree to publish this as a new Public Review (realistically, we should go for 30 days, given the extent of the changes);

-          If there are nothing but minor changes requested in the review period (and we take those on board), the RM TC could proceed to a vote to adopt the text as a Committee Specification;

-          Once that has been done, we would need to look for three examples of use of the RAF out in the wild among OASIS members or beyond, and if we collect three statements of use, we can ask for an OASIS-wide membership ballot to approve the specification as an OASIS Standard.

Peter F Brown

Independent Consultant

web: www.peterfbrown.com

twitter: @pensivepeter

P.O. Box 49719, Los Angeles, CA 90049, USA

Phone : (310) 694-2278