Subject: Comment to Public Review

I presented the RAF to the SOA and Cloud Service Technology conference event in London this week. My presentation and talk was generally very well received and there were lots of interesting questions.

[One exception was a Russian programmer (no, not Boris) who was obsessed with the idea that the only thing we needed was a clear hierarchical model with service inventory at the top (no, I don’t understand either) ]

Interestingly, one point that came up a couple of times is the fact that we avoid the term “user” and are usually careful to employ either “actor”, “participant” or “customer”, depending on the context. Everyone understood this very clearly and were happy with our distinctions.

However, it was pointed out that we didn’t always avoid “user” and that where it is still used (20 or so occasions) it probably should be another term.

I think this falls well within the editorial clarifications allowed under the non-material changes rule but I’d like to log this as an issue and ensure that we address it. Thoughts?

Thanks,

Peter

Peter F Brown

Independent Consultant

Using Information Technologies to Empower and Transform

www.peterfbrown.com

P.O. Box 49719, Los Angeles, CA 90049, USA

Tel: +1.310.694.2278