Subject: thoughts on shifting emphasis from third party to ownership boundaries

I am writing this because I want to suggest a few text changes and it will be helpful for people to see the text rather than me reading it.  Other than as a suggestion, I do not mean this in any way to prejudice the discussion.

In general, I found the attempt to shift emphasis to be confusing.  If the point being made is that interactions among the consumers, providers, and mediators may cross ownership boundaries, I think it can be said more succinctly.

As for the current text, the effort to simplify tucks mediators in with direct awareness.  My observations and suggestions are:

Previous public review text for what is now lines 1861-1864 was "Service consumers and service providers may have direct awareness or mediated awareness where mediated awareness is achieved through some third party."

Suggest "Participants acting in the roles of service consumers and service providers may have direct awareness or mediated awareness  where mediated awareness is achieved through some third party acting in the role of a mediator."

In response to what I think is the focus of the emphasis comments, suggest adding to the end of the paragraph: "Those acting in the roles of consumers, providers, or mediators may reside within a single ownership boundary or interactions among them may cross ownership boundaries."

I don’t think any of the other changes related to this topic are needed.

Dr. Kenneth Laskey

MITRE Corporation, M/S H305              phone: 703-983-7934

7515 Colshire Drive                                    fax:        703-983-1379