Subject: Re: [soa-rm-ra] FOR IMMEDIATE ACTION: SOA-RM formal consideration of comments submitted to JTC 1

Thanks Ken,

Sorry I didn't get to this until now, I will look this over and offer my comments and opinion.C

On 3/15/2013 12:02 PM, Ken Laskey wrote:
As we have discussed at numerous past meetings:
- Peter and I have been accredited as OASIS Liaisons to ISO/IEC JTC1 SC38.
- The Open Group Reference Architecture (TOG RA) and their SOA Ontology are the basis of development efforts in SC38 WG2.
- I have noted during our meetings that I was doing a careful review of the current WG2 drafts (and those of you with a history on this OASIS TC know what to expect when I do a careful review).
- I have noted other resources I was going to call on for the SOA Ontology review and invited others on this committee to provide comments to any of the three documents out for review.

I have shared my comments privately with several of you, but I had previously avoided distributing the WG2 documents on our public mailing list because I was not sure if that was appropriate for another organization's material.

During last week's IEEE SOA RA call, Heather Kreger mentioned that there were ~600 submitted comments, of which ~300 were submitted by/through me.  Today I learned that Dave Ings of IBM contacted Laurent Liscia with a "request that the comments be withdrawn until they have been reviewed, approved and minuted by the appropriate TC(s)."  I was not included in the ensuing discussion until today.

At this point, it is unclear what will follow.  I have suggested we offer a discussion with the IBM folks to decide what mutually acceptable actions can be pursued to efficiently deal with the submitted comments.  I do not know whether such a discussion will happen.

In any case, I would like to give this committee the opportunity to formally consider the submitted comments and determine if there is a consensus on whether the committee would like the comments to proceed for WG2 adjudication or whether they should be withdrawn.

To that end, I am attaching the three WG2 documents and the three sets of comments that I submitted.  Please begin to familiarize yourself with this material in the event that we need to have a discussion and, as appropriate, a vote on the sense of the committee in this matter.

Dr. Kenneth Laskey
MITRE Corporation, M/S H305             phone: 703-983-7934
7515 Colshire Drive                             fax: 703-983-1379