Subject: closing RA subcommittee and moving future work back to TC

All,

Many years ago when we started the reference architecture work, we had thoughts of starting a number of additional efforts under the SOA-RM TC.  That led us to believe that we might start a number of subcommittees.  Obviously, the rapid development of the SOA-RM had us overly optimistic on what we had the cycles to tackle and the time it would take to do any of these things.

The single subcommittee that was created has been the one using the soa-rm-ra mailing list, and that group has successfully completed the OASIS Reference Architecture Foundation for Service Oriented Architecture Version 1.0.  Any further work, such as steps to move to an OASIS Standard would require actions on the part of the full TC, and so the subcommittee structure seems more of a hindrance.  In addition, there has been confusion over the years because TC meetings have been sparse and it has not been clear that major activity was going on in the subcommittee.

During the last SOA-RAF SC call, a suggestion was made to close the SC and move all activity to the full TC.  To accomplish that, I propose the following:
- The meeting on 12 June 2013 will be a meeting of the full TC; meeting details will follow.
- A motion will be made at that time to close the SC and and move all remaining activities to the full TC.
- An email will be sent to the soa-rm-ra mailing list to document this change and provide continuity back to the soa-rm mailing list.

To OASIS staff, is there anything else that needs to be done to accomplish this change?

Any additional thoughts or considerations?

Dr. Kenneth Laskey
MITRE Corporation, M/S H305             phone: 703-983-7934
7515 Colshire Drive                             fax: 703-983-1379