Subject: Re: [soa-rm] W3C "Framework for Semantics in Web Services" Workshop

I've been thinking about submitting a position paper or contributing to
a MITRE paper but haven't had time to work on it.  However, that still
is a very real possibility.

As far as W3C openness to other ideas, I think their position is more
the result of historical circumstances and various member pressures
than it is intentional hubris.  But, in the interest of full
disclosure, I'm currently on the W3C Advisory Board and have been an
Advisory Committee rep in the past.  However, in that capacity, I'd be
willing to facilitate in any way possible.

Ken

On Mar 22, 2005, at 10:35 PM, peter@justbrown.net wrote:

> Is anyone else going to the W3C workshop [1] in Innsbruck, Austria in
> June?
>
> I discussed this with W3C guys yesterday here in Boston, and there
> seemed to be a small opening to recognising that both "web services"
> and "semantic web" didn't necessarily have to be the "W3C way". I
> mentioned the SOA-RM, and I think that some interesting use cases
> could be developed at the workshop, that could be of value for our
> work
>
> [1] "W3C Workshop on Frameworks for Semantics in Web Servives"
> (http://www.w3c.org/2005/01/ws-swsf-cfp.html).
Ken Laskey
MITRE Corporation, M/S H305     phone:  703-883-7934
7515 Colshire Drive                        fax:        703-883-1379