Subject: Re: [soa-rm] Proposed Role Descriptions for SOA-RM Editors

Hi

I feel that having someone who is responsible for pulling things
together, looking for inconsistencies between different input and
assuring the the document speaks as from one voice is a good idea.  I've
co-authored some technical books and it was helpful and I might say
critical to have one of the authors take on the role of "unifier".  I
realize that this effort will not be of the size of a book, but the
basic need is still there.  My feeling is that the role as originally
described by Thomas Erl was a good description, especially the last
paragraph.  Perhaps the suggested title of the role put people off.
This person could be called something like Unifying Editor.  I also feel
that rotating this role would not be consistent with the role of
document unifier.  Lastly, this is a hard, thankless role for whoever
takes it on.

Let me get this out before it is totally obsolete with all the mail
coming in :-)

Don

--
Don Flinn