Subject: Reference Model References (Was RE: [soa-rm] Groups - Rough notes taken during the last ebSOA meeting.(ebSOA-Elements.pdf) uploaded)

> It would be helpful if we had abstract reference model
> documents of existing architectures in order to answer this
> question and to fully explain what distinguishes SOA.

Here are 2 that come to mind (note that #1 below is intended to be a SOA
RM, according to its description):

(1) http://xml.coverpages.org/ni2005-03-25-a.html

Announced 03/25/05: "The Commonwealth of Massachusetts has released a
review draft Version 3.0 for its Enterprise Technical Reference Model
(ETRM). The six-part document introduces Disciplines, Technology Areas,
and Technology Specifications for the Information, Application,
Integration and Security Domains. The ETRM calls for the development of
a SOA model built around interoperable XML specifications, including the
adoption of open formats, defined as necessarily "royalty-free.""

(2) SCORM: http://xml.coverpages.org/scorm.html

Kind Regards,