Subject: FW: [soa-rm] Groups - Rough notes taken during the last ebSOA meeting. (ebSOA-Elements.pdf) uploaded

Resending this e-mail from this morning, as it did not fully transmit.
It showed up in our archives with no subject, and with most of the
message truncated.

Kind Regards,

From: Chiusano Joseph
Sent: Thursday, March 31, 2005 7:08 AM
To: 'Rex Brooks'; Smith, Martin; Ken Laskey; Duane Nickull
Cc: soa-rm@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: RE: [soa-rm] Groups - Rough notes taken during the last ebSOA
meeting. (ebSOA-Elements.pdf) uploaded

> The difference between Enterprise Architecture and SOA lies mostly in
> the fact that EA is specific to an enterprise, while SOA can be
> abstracted out of a given Enterprise,

Continuing that point: SOA can also be extracted (derived) from an
Enterprise Architecture - that is, an EA can provide the basis for
creation of a service-oriented architecture for an enterprise (just one
- but an important - way of tackling SOA). For example, a federal
department (comprised of agencies) may define in their EA multiple
tiers, such as "agency" (agency-specific), "enterprise-wide" (shared
across agencies), and "external" (external partners, federal and
commercial).