Subject: RE: [soa-rm] Definition of "Service Consumer"

Title: RE: [soa-rm] Definition of "Service Consumer"
Welcome Andrew! Good to have you here in our TC.

Joe

Kind Regards,

From: Andrew Nash [mailto:anash@reactivity.com]
Sent: Mon 4/11/2005 12:09 PM
To: Frank McCabe; Chiusano Joseph
Cc: soa-rm@lists.oasis-open.org

The type of authentication required will certainly vary depending on the
type of service and the "domain" in which a service or its requestor reside.
So different "strengths" or other attributes of a particular authentication
credential are important in different contexts. This will also be different
between a credential that may be used to represent a human participant and
the web service or consumer.

Financial institutions are certainly interested in performing correlation
among a collection of services to detect phishing or other fraudulent
activity. To do this most of the folks I have talked to require an identity
associated with the transaction "originator" to be used in conjunction with
the identity of one or more of the web service, requestor or intermediaries.

--Andrew