Subject: Re: [soa-rm] Glossary

Editing Team:

Can we follow up on Ken's suggestion and make a draft glossary on the
terms that we agree on based on consensus on this list?  I would propose
that the glossary contain two classifications "proposed" and "accepted"
or something like that.

We should all probably keep the following in mind:

1. Avoid the temptation to place every single term in the glossary.
Limit it to terms which are ambiguous due to the existence of multiple
definitions or where our definition, in our context, is substantively
different from the common definitions (locally scoped).

2. Try to avoid unquantitative adjectives unless they are necessary to
clarify semantics (example of bad use - "foo is the best way to do
something")

3. Do not use circular references (example " a service is a service
offered by a component")

This living draft document should live inside Kavi and be accessible by
all TC members.

The following terms are probably good first candidates:

Architecture (accepted - from charter)
Service (proposed)
Advertising (propose "a methodology to convey awareness of (the
existence of) a service(s) to all consumers on a fabric" but would like
to hear others opinions)
Service Consumer (proposed, derived from list, may not be part of
reference model but may be good to define since it may be discussed more)
Service Description (proposed, derived from position papers, list)
Data Model (or similar concept term)
Contract (or similar term)

Adobe Enterprise Developer Resources  - http://www.adobe.com/enterprise/developer/main.html