Subject: Re: [soa-rm] Definition of "Service Consumer"

Moreover, the question is whether all SOAs SHOULD have security and whether
that needs to be captured in the RM.  As noted, secuirty is often just
tacked on and that may not be sufficient for *any* SOA to be successful.

Ken

At 02:27 PM 4/11/2005, Duane Nickull wrote:
>The RM does not support security models.  A reference model is used to
>guide the design of architecture that may include specific security
>protocols or models. Our requirement must be to ensure that nothing we
>place in the RM makes any specific security model a requirement (since not
>all SOA's have security) and to ensure that we do not preclude a specific
>type of security model from being used.
>Duane
>
>Vikas Deolaliker wrote:
>
>>I think the question should be how many different types of security models
>>will this RM support?
>>Vikas
>>
>>--
>--
>
>***********
>Senior Standards Strategist - Adobe Systems, Inc. - http://www.adobe.com
>Vice Chair - UN/CEFACT Bureau Plenary - http://www.unece.org/cefact/
>Adobe Enterprise Developer Resources  -
>http://www.adobe.com/enterprise/developer/main.html

   /   Ken
Laskey                                                                \
  |    MITRE Corporation, M/S H305    phone:  703-883-7934   |
  |    7515 Colshire Drive                    fax:      703-883-1379   |
   \   McLean VA 22102-7508                                              /