Subject: Re: [soa-rm] SOA-RM Outline and Glossary

Potential stakeholder's perspectives

This is where we directly address our audiences:

1. SOA for busy executives
	i.e., what are the benefits of SOA, what architectural constraints are
*of the essence* and how to use the RM.
2. SOA and security
     i.e., explaining why security per se is not a direct part of the
RM, but how different security considerations may be layered on top and
how that fits with the overall structure.
     This one is also good for another reason: anyone wishing to ensure
some -ility on their particular architecture will want to know how to
map their requirements on to what is offered.
3. SOA for developers
     I.e., what are the primary constraints implied by the architecture
-- as well as those that are *not* implied. How is scalability achieved
in the RM and what you need to look out for in order to achieve
scalability in your architecture. More generally, how should you ensure
that your architecture is a good example of an SOA. How to fold legacy
stove-pipes into you new SOA systems.
4. SOA for Web services
    I.e., how does the RM differ from Web services, how do the WS-*
specs fit into the RM framework.

Frank

On Apr 11, 2005, at 1:04 PM, Thomas Erl wrote:

> Frank,
>
> For those members not familiar with the W3C Web Services Architecture
> document, could you share your thoughts as to what would go in a
> potential "Stakehohlder's Perspectives" section for the SOA-RM?
>
> Thomas
>
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Francis McCabe"
> <fgm@fla.fujitsu.com>

>>> 2 Concepts and Relationships