Subject: Definition of Reference Model (Was RE: [soa-rm] Definition of "Service Consumer")

Based on many similar comments that have been sent to our listserv
regarding the scope of our reference model, I thought it might be useful
to begin a thread on our definition of a reference model. Some comments
indicate that our usage of the term "reference model" might be too
"constraining" (exclusing notions such as security), while others
indicate that it is justifiably so, as it is intended to include only
"mandatory" concepts.

Fundamental Question: Is our scope indeed too narrow?