Subject: Re: [soa-rm] Architectural Scope of Reference Model

Smith, Martin wrote:

>To me, "advertise" implies "push"; register/discover and publish/subscribe are "pull."  Advertise also implies use of a variety of communications methods, including registration (e.g., in the Yellow Pages) but also product placement, spam, etc. that might be considered dysfunctional.

Ok, so I am starting to be shaky on Advertisement, but I am not happy
with the alternative so far -- Publish and Discover.  When I think of
'Publish", the next thought is "to what".  When I think of discovery, my
context switches to that of the consumer...whereas I feel presenting
metadata about oneself should be firmly rooted in the service context.

How about "Availability", or "Announcement"?

-Matt