Subject: Re: [soa-rm] Architectural Scope of Reference Model

Duane:
  I think that there is one major thing missing from your list; I am not
sure currently how to properly characterize it but I am referring to
the document centric processing model. Perhaps this fits in with your
datamodel; I am not sure.
  One of the major constraints and drivers for scalability is the idea
of large grained communication or service invocation (however that it
done :))
  Without this, SOA reduces to a generic distributed system.
  Being more precise about document centric processing is difficult; but
I think it is something like there not being  1-1 mapping between
service requesters and service providers. In general it is 1-many; or
many-1 or even many-many; all held together by a common document.
  In Web Service land, this was where intermediaries came in to play.
But, in reality what we are talking about is a separation between the
data that is communicated and the service(s) applied to it. That leads
to a concept of service composition, choreography, etc. etc.
Frank