Subject: Re: [soa-rm] RE: Definition of Reference Model (Was RE: [soa-rm]Definition of "Service Consumer")

Smith, Martin wrote:

> <>I also think security should be a core element:  it may not be
> necessary to have security on trivial, free services, but all the
> interesting cases will have it, and the RM should inform how that
> element will interact with others.

Martin:

Assuming we have something that represents the notion of security within
the RM (which it sounds like it might be building consensus), instead of
saying "security" which implies some form of actual security should
therefor be present in all SOA's, would you consider that we describe it
as a "Security Policy".  This would help cover instances where there is
a null security policy in effect.

I am still not 100% convinced that security is part of service
orientation other than the touch point recognized by Anders, Rebekah and
Matt.

Adobe Enterprise Developer Resources  - http://www.adobe.com/enterprise/developer/main.html